Vacancy:Forest Enterprise Officer
ForestAction Nepal is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of ‘Forest Enterprise Officer’. Successful candidate will be working closely with the national coordinator and thematic leaders of the project ‘Enhancing Livelihood from Improved Forest Management in Nepal – EnLiFT2’. EnLiFT2 is a forestry research project with funding assistance from the Government of Australia through the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). The project builds on the success and lessons of the 5-year project, ‘Enhancing livelihoods and food security from agro forestry and community forestry in Nepal’, also known as the EnLiFT project. The project is being implemented in Sindhuplachowk and Kavrepalanchowk districts.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the national project coordinator and thematic leads, the Market and Value Chain Expert is primarily responsible to conduct activities specified under the forest-based enterprise theme of the project. The incumbent will carry out the following activities:
- Conduct assessments of the identified forest-based enterprises in the project sites
- Support and facilitate the capacity development of entrepreneurs in the project sites
- Facilitate the establishment and promotion of forest-based enterprises
- Develop strategy and facilitate implementation to diversify pine timber use and value chain development
- Support local forest user groups and individuals in development of their business plan
- Liaise with the government agencies, local community groups, and partners to establish better linkage in the project
- Ensure effective community mobilization to establish forest-based enterprises
- Carry out proper and timely documentation and analysis of data/information required for processing of project outputs
- Develop relevant training and extension materials, manuals, articles and guidelines related to marketing and value chain of forest products
- Coordinate with the information officer at ForestAction and provide timely and adequate details needed for regular updates in the project website and social media
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders during any event organized by ForestAction and also share necessary documents
- Collaborates effectively with the project team and stakeholders
- Willing to spend substantive time in the field with frequent travel across the project sites
- Exhibits cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Good inter-personal skills
- Clear communication skills
- Treats all people fairly without bias
- Promotes sharing of knowledge when and wherever needed
- Passion in deeper understanding and writing
Education and experience
- Masters in Business Law, Business Management, Development Studies, Environmental Science, Forestry, NRM or any related field, and at least three years of work experience in the relevant field, or Bachelors in the relevant field and at least six years of work experience.
- Candidates with degree on Business/Management having past work experience on forest-based enterprises/businesses will be eligible to apply.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government agencies, NGOs/CBOs, and local communities.
Language requirement and other skills
- Strong command in Nepali and English, both writing and speaking
- Skilled in developing and disseminating communication materials in diverse formats in Nepali and English language
- Excellent translation/transcribing skills (Nepali to English)
- Good knowledge of computer applications such as word, excel, power point
- The duration of the tenure will be upto one year initially with possibility of extension based on performance
- Salary will be as per the rules of the organization
The applicants should include the following:
• A cover letter • Curriculum Vitae (2 pages) with two referees (with their contact address and number)
Interested candidates must submit their updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com by 17 September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The selection will be solely based on individual'squalification, professional experience and performance of the candidate duringthe interview. We do not entertain telephone enquiries.
Note: Previous applicants for the ' Business Innovation Facilitator' will be automatically included during screening and processing.